Benefits of Massage:
- Can increase your cardiovascular efficiency, flush out toxins, reduce stress and elevate your mood, which can give you a general sense of well-being and good health.
- Can substantially relieve mental and physical tension.
- Can improve your mental response and heighten
alertness, which leads to higher productivity.
- Can lessen or alleviate lower back pain.
- Can help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from workouts or sports events.
- Can improve the condition of your skin, the body’s largest organ.
- Can lessen depression and anxiety.
- Can enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow, your body’s natural defense system.
- Stretches weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Helps pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Can relax and soften tired, and overused muscles.
- Helps release endorphin’s that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Alleviate stiff aching neck and shoulders
- Increases joint flexibility
- Reduces muscle spasms and cramping
- Can lessen or relieve migraine pain
- Reduces the effects of everyday stress
- And it just feels good!
The main purpose of Swedish massage is for relaxation. However it also increases the oxygen flow in the blood and releases toxins from the muscles. Swedish massage shortens recovery time from muscular strain by flushing the tissues of lactic acid, and other metabolic wastes. It increases your circulation, relaxes muscle tissue, which reduces painful contractions and spasms. Swedish Massage also stimulates the skin your body’s largest organ. It reduces stress, both emotional and physical, and is suggested in a regular program for stress management.
Swedish massage feels good, is relaxing and promotes a feeling of well being and good health. **Swedish Massage uses light to medium pressure.
DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE:
Deep Tissue is a massage technique that involves the manipulation of the deeper layers of muscle and soft tissues in the body. It requires the massage therapist to melt into the tissue before reaching deeper layers by warming up the muscles on top. Its aim is to release the chronic patterns of muscle tension in the body through slow and deep strokes on the contracted areas, by going across the grain of the muscles, tendons and fascia, to “unstick” the fibers of a muscle while releasing deeply-held patterns of tension, and removing toxins. It can be both corrective and therapeutic.
There are times when deep tissue is necessary and can be painful, but this is in the case of scar tissue. Scar tissue or adhesions are thick areas of bound connective tissue created during the healing process from an injury or surgery. Scar tissue work requires deep pressure in order to break up the dense nature of this tissue. Deep tissue massage usually focuses on more specific areas. Deep tissue may cause some soreness during or right after the massage, in which case it is recommended to apply ice to the area. If the massage is done correctly you should feel better within a day or two. **Deep Tissue Massage uses deep slow pressure.
Sports Massage is a special form of massage and is typically used before, during, and after athletic events. The purpose of the massage is to prepare the athlete for peak performance, to drain away fatigue, to relieve swelling, to reduce muscle tension, to promote flexibility and to prevent injuries.
The main purpose of sports massage therapy is to help alleviate the stress and tension that builds up in the body’s soft tissues during physical activity. Where minor injuries and lesions occur, due to overexertion and/or overuse, massage can break them down quickly and effectively. Sports massage helps prepare the athlete for peak performance, to drain away fatigue, to relieve swelling, to reduce muscle tension, to promote flexibility and to prevent injuries. Sports massage can help prevent those niggling injuries that so often get in the way of performance and achievement, whether a person is an athlete or a once a week jogger.
Sports massage has many benefits. In addition to FEELING GOOD, it reduces the heart rate and blood pressure, increases blood circulation and lymph flow, reduces muscle tension, improves flexibility, and relieves pain. Sports Massage can also include maintenance techniques that promote greater athletic endurance and performance, lessen chances of injury and reduce recovery time.
18110 Midway Rd. Suite 120
Dallas, TX 75287
Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Saturday 9:00 AM -3:00 PM
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY